“Helping patients is our life’s work, and your contributions directly impact our ability to transform patient care around the world.” – Michael A. Mussallem, Chairman and CEO
As a Business Unit Manager for the Edwards THV business, you will determine the strategic direction for Netherlands & Belgium and provide overall leadership and coaching to ensure business goals are met. You will have the responsibility for the P&L for Netherlands & Belgium and will lead the commercial team, including Clinical Specialists, Territory Managers with strong alignment and partnership with country marketing and other functions. This includes responsibility for driving profitable growth and building a high-performance commercial organization which is consistent with the Edwards values.
These Are The Competencies That Will Make You Successful
People Leadership: As Business Unit Manager, you will be responsible for organization and people development, which includes driving performance through people and ensuring that we have the talent to support both the current and future business needs. You will manage, coach and drive performance excellence across your reporting field team and ensure that KPI's and success measures are established and drive business results. You will lead your team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets through regular country reviews and ensuring clinical compliance, certification & training needs are met.
Coaching: You will coach your team in sales and communications tools & techniques and act as role model in contemporary leadership practices. This includes providing ongoing coaching to improve work performance and develop skills and abilities and competencies. You will maintain a high performing sales team by hiring, training, and retaining high quality Regional Field Managers as well as prepare others to assume new increased responsibilities through individual development of key THV field competencies. As a Business Unit Manager, you will demonstrate a consultative approach to helping define opportunities and challenges with both your direct reports and external customers and have a bias for action in designing and executing the solution.
Patient First: You will ensure optimized patient outcomes through excellence in case support with highly trained clinical specialists. You will also work very closely with relevant external stakeholders to develop an improved access to the treatment for indicated patients according to European and local scientific societies guidelines, through therapy development vision, strategy and tactics (aligned with European strategy and with focus on local specificities).
Customer Leadership: The Business Unit Manager will develop strong working relationships with external and internal customers and utilize internal relationships to establish a regional strategy and build support to achieve goals. You will have excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills and are able to clearly and succinctly articulate market trends, key business strategies and organizational challenges and opportunities . As Business Unit Manager, you will k now, interact and develop the strategy with Key Opinion Leaders and decision makers and manage professional relations with key customers to ensure understanding their needs and that the Edwards value proposition is differentiated in the minds of these key customers.
Account Planning and Strategies: As a Business Unit Manager you will help develop and successfully execute compelling account strategies for your country and regions including responsibility for delivering to Annual Operating Plan (AOP) goals . You will analyze the market growth, competitive market landscape and other information from all sources to develop strategies to improve sales and increase market share. You will use strategic thinking to shape the medium and longer-term strategy for the region, as well as monitor, communicates and manages KPI’s.
Data and Analytics: As a Business Unit Manager, you are a master user of CRM tools and use these tools to guide your team’s performance, monitor results and improve effectiveness of your team. You will coach your team on how to leverage results and dashboards to become more successful in the field as well as define team operating standards and actively improves existing tools and policies with leadership team.
Business Acumen: You successfully share competitor strategies, industry trends, health economics, pricing, emerging issues, competitive products, knowledge with your team. You show excellence in connecting hospital data with Edwards’ solutions and explains them in a compelling way to the customer. This includes providing business and field input in country-specific initiatives and actively participates in initiatives and strategic programs. You will coach your team to create a selling culture driven by solutions and value-based strategies. You have a deep understanding and connection with the local healthcare system, the market access strategy, the reimbursement authorities and the regulatory local requirements.
We Are Looking For Someone With These Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business or related experience is required
- Dutch & English proficiency is required, French proficiency is preferred
- Prior experience in cardiology, background interventional cardiology preferred
- 5+ years managerial experience, managing business with P&L responsibility or full-scale commercial operations
- Demonstrated sales & marketing leadership capability, including the and ability to shape a clear vision, translate the vision into strategies, actions and results
- Excellent people leadership skills, including the ability to create, communicate and achieve a vision.
- Excellent coaching skills - ability to observe, evaluate & use various techniques to improve results
- Experience leading sales teams through a consultative sales process, with an ability to segment and manage territories effectively
- Experience developing and successfully executing compelling account strategies, including a proven track record in business planning analysis and strategic planning
- Firsthand experience working directly with customers, opinion leaders, technical experts, and professional staff as well as broad exposure to the healthcare industry and its competitors is preferred.
- Proven track record of engaging and developing lasting relationships with a broad base of key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, such as mid and senior level healthcare professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders. This position will require close collaboration with internal stakeholders as well as external physician partners.
- Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
- Up to 40% travel (30% in the country and 10% in EU)
Preferred location of the candidate - Netherlands