- Professional practice & growth opportunity with a New Zealand lifestyle experience
- Senior Medical Officer role with special interest in Cardiac Imaging
- Relocation support available!
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Applications are invited for a full time Adult cardiologist with a specialist interest in cardiac imaging, specifically echocardiography and cardiac CT. This is a new post to meet the needs of the strategic expansion of Cardiac Imaging in one of the leading hospitals in Australasia.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with a team of 25 cardiologists, including 6 Imaging consultants all with an interest in echocardiography and other imaging modalities (CMR or CT).
- Contribute to the provision of acute care on the cardiology wards, referrals and outpatient clinics.
We are seeking a colleague who strives to advance the multi-modal imaging service and contribute to the departmental translational research portfolio which will complement current clinical and academic activities.
Cardiac Imaging Programme
The echocardiography department performs over 10,000 echocardiograms a year. We are comprehensively equipped with 10 echo machines (Phillips & GE) supporting 2D / 3D echo, exercise (treadmill and titling bike), pharmacological stress echo and TOE. Imaging consultants support a weekly educational / review meeting with sonographers and a quarterly educational afternoon.
Our high volume CT programme (>1200 cases in 2022 is supported by 2 cardiologists and a cardiac radiologist. The service is rapidly expanding with coronary, electrophysiology, structural and congenital work.
What’s In It for You
In this role you will be:
- Joining a dynamic cardiology service committed to the provision of excellent healthcare for our population.
- Working in New Zealand’s largest teaching hospital.
- Performing cross modality imaging in complex echo, cardiac CT
- Have strong links with the regional cardiac surgical program and national heart transplant, mechanical circulatory support (MCS), ACHD and paediatric cardiology programs.
- Imaging for South Pacific nations including Cook Islands, Tahiti and Samoa with complex multi valve disease specifically rheumatic heart disease
- Supporting a complex patient MDT / Heart Team
- Providing mentorship of sonographer led development in sonographer led stress echo, valve clinic and TOE
The successful applicant will be eligible to apply for an honorary position with the University of Auckland School of Medicine.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for the following requirements:
- You must hold FRACP (or equivalent international qualification) and be registered or be eligible for general registration as a Medical Officer with the Medical Council of New Zealand (www.mcnz.org.nz).
- Qualified adult cardiologist with subspecialty training in non-invasive imaging specifically echocardiography and CTCA
- Experience in structural echocardiography and CT and desire to lead the development of this service is desirable
- International accreditation in echo and CT (level 2 or above) is desirable.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Te Toka Tumai Auckland has three major facilities: Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children's Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre (out-patient work). Auckland City Hospital is New Zealand’s largest public hospital as well as the largest clinical research facility. There are approximately one million patient contacts each year, including hospital and outpatient services. We provide expertise in all sub-specialties in adult cardiology including coronary intervention, TAVI, complex electrophysiology, cardiac transplantation and adult congenital cardiology. We provide adult cardiology and cardiac surgery for South Pacific Island patients, in particular Tahiti.
Auckland, New Zealand has been voted the 3rd best city in the world. The city is set in a pristine marine-based environment with a temperate climate and has a population of 1.6 million. It has a vibrant mixture of lifestyles and cultures and offers easy access to stunning and diverse scenery and a wonderful range of outdoor pursuits. With its beautiful countryside and dynamic metropolitan centres, New Zealand offers a lifestyle to suitable for all. Auckland’s packed calendar of festivals and events, our vibrant Māori and Pacific culture, and impressive line-up of major sporting events will certainly keep you entertained all year round!
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply: Please visit the ADHB career website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number ADHB19570
For more information on this opportunity to join our team, please contact Dr Nicky Edwards, Director of Echocardiography: NicolaEd@adhb.govt.nz
or Dr Chris Occleshaw, Director of Coronary CT/MRI: ChrisO@adhb.govt.nz .
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number ADHB19570
Applications Close: 30 November
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act