Specialised Cardiac Practitioner Echo/ Internationally Educated
Posts include R and R premium of 15% if accredited with BSE and registered with HCPC, AHCS or RCCP (or can show evidence of working towards registration) plus a relocation package if required
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and qualified Cardiac Physiologist keen to join an innovative team of Cardiac Physiologists and other Health Care Professionals?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 Band 7 Specialised Cardiac Practitioners (echo) at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. We are seeking to recruit 2 highly motivated individuals to join our busy and friendly team.
We would also like to invite applicants from overseas to apply for this role. We would consider overseas echocardiography accreditations if comparable to BSE. However we would expect you to undertake BSE accreditation and we would support you in order to do this.
We are a friendly and dynamic Trust situated in the heart of Kent. The local area has excellent schools and our department is family friendly. Both sites are within 1 hour commute to London. Kent is known as the garden of England, with beautiful historic villages in a rural setting as well as bustling towns.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be given an opportunity for development in echocardiography within the department. Continued professional and personal development is actively encouraged and the successful candidate will be given opportunities and supported to develop their postgraduate skills.
The successful applicants should have BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology (Cardiology)/ BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Science) / MSc Healthcare Science (Cardiac) or equivalent plus BSE accreditation or equivalent and ideally registration with HCPC/ RCCP or AHCS.
The Trust offers a range of invasive and non-invasive investigations including Physiologist led exercise stress testing, tilt testing, ambulatory monitoring, device follow-up and complex invasive procedures including angiography, PCI, PPM, ICD / CRT implantation and EP. The Tunbridge Wells Hospital site holds BSE Departmental Accreditation in Transthoracic echocardiography, Stress Echo, TOE, Contrast and Bubble Studies. We run a Physiologist Led Valve Clinic at both sites and assist in the Rapid Access Heart Failure Clinic. We are currently in the process of expanding advanced clinical practice roles for cardiac physiologists including physiologist lead TOE and stress echo. Currently physiologists perform the TOE during AF ablation in the Cath Lab.
You would be based at a brand new state of the art community diagnostic center in Maidstone, but would be expected to work at Maidstone and Tunbridge hospitals as well. The post would involve working in non-invasive Cardiology, including echocardiography, stress echo, valve clinic & TOE. The post would also involve training and educating physiologists and other staff members in echo/non-invasive.
- BSc Healthcare Science (Cardiac)/ MSc Healthcare Science (Cardiac) or equivalent
- BSE accreditation or equivalent echo accreditation
- ILS or equivalent life support training
- Cardiac Practitioner or Scientist registration (AHCS, HCPC or RCCP)
- Significant post grad echocardiography experience
- Experience of a range of non-invasive cardiac diagnostics (eg, ECG/Holter analysis)
- Significant knowledge of echocardiography and cardiac pathology
- Cath Lab experience
- Advanced echo experience such as TOE/ Stress echo/ bubble & contrast echo
- Able to independently perform an echo and report it within 45 minutes
- Able to supervise/ train junior Cardiac physiologists and Doctors in echo
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to independently perform a range of non-invasive diagnostics such as ECG/ETT/Holter analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work cross site and contribute to weekend work
- Excellent team working skills
- Caring and patient centred